Useful Information/Tips for safe cycling
Tips for safe cycling
Please follow the instructions bellow to ensure you have a safe cycling experience!
What you should do
- Pay attention to the operation of the coaster brake which is activated by reversing the pedals. The more you press the pedals, the rougher the bike immobilizes. So, CAUTION!
- Carefully check the bike before each use (tires, brakes, lights, saddle, bell).
- Always wear a helmet for your own safety.
- Beware of pedestrians and other vehicles and warn them about your maneuvers.
- Prefer a bicycle path.
- Make sure you distinguish yourself in low light, using light clothing and marking.
- Use your bell to warn cars and pedestrians.
- Keep a safe distance from other moving or parked vehicles. Their doors can be opened at anytime.
What you should not do
- Do not violate the traffic regulations.
- Do not attempt overtaking if you need more space.
- Do not use headphones (for music or phone) when cycling.
- Do not ride under the influence of alcohol, drugs or medicines that affect perception.
- Do not leave your bike unguarded or unlocked. You are responsible for it, till you go back and lock it in a station.
- Do not carry other people or bulky objects.